This page is dedicated to sharing the stories of breastfeeding mothers whose children suffered complications from exclusive breastfeeding. The purpose of this page is to help future mothers prevent feeding-related tragedies in their own children.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

From Valaree Villanueva-Moczygemba‎ posted on Breast milk is best, but only if you have breast milk.

Valaree Villanueva-Moczygemba to Breast milk is best, but only if you have breast milk.
Ok so to all the woman on this page that think all woman get milk... Your wrong! I had my son 3 weeks ago he went 24 hours without eating he had a great latch and I put him to breast every 2-3 hours and the the nurses and lactation consultant said he's getting enough, but I knew he wasn't getting anything and I could tell he was hungry. Finally in the middle of the night I cried cause I could tell he was so hungry I told the nurse bring me a bottle and he ate. At that time I also asked for a pump, sure enough I had nothing not even colostrum! It wasn't until day 3 that it came in and guess where he was? Under the light because he developed jaundice! Anyway I kept pumping and taking him the 10 MLs of colostrum every 3 hours and I still continued to supplement with formula but after a week I noticed my milk never came in and even the watery colostrum was reduced to 5 MLs every 3 hours. I was drinking water like crazy putting him to breast and like I said this kid could have written the book how to latch and nothing till this day I still put him to breast before feeding but even when I choose not to, hardly anything comes out. Mind you I have huge breast and it's very heart breaking when all you want to do is give your child liquid gold and you can't. It does make you feel like you failed them especially when your well built for the task and the well runs dry. So yes, it's true some of us are the 5-10% who dont produce milk. My daughter is 6 years old and with her I only produced milk for 6 weeks but that's because I was taking supplements to increase my production. I didn't do that this time because I didn't have access to the supplements I took with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment